Once again, here's Lucy. She is now almost 8mo. old. A tiny sweetheart, full of life, fun, and most of all, unconditional love. We have put new meaning to the common USA phrase, "I love Lucy"!Love. Once a year on February 14, much of the world celebrates a holiday formed around love. Few know the history of St. Valentine, one who, as a christian, was put to death by the Romans centuries ago, giving up his life so that others might live( I encourage you to look up the original St.Valentine's story online). Now, the holiday has been reformed and perhaps even watered down a bit to include cards, flowers, candy, and for some, marriage proposals or weddings.
I love my husband with all my heart, as I do my daughter, my family, my puppies, and many friends.
But most of all, I love my Lord, who, out of the purest and deepest form of love, gave His life for me so that I might live. He was willing to be mocked, beaten, hung up with nails on a cross, and go through a slow and agonizing death in my place. He had done no wrong, but he knew the price that had to be paid...the ultimate sacrifice for my sins, he gave his life for love.
But Jesus also knew that the result of this sacrifice would be that when he won the victory over death, nothing would be able to separate us from God's love, not even death itself. He lives, and He loves...He is LOVE.
Happiness and blessings to all of you this Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment